Sunday, April 27, 2008

Brunei Blackout

BRUNEI IN THE DARK

from my balcony

Gadong area on a saturday night blackout

The mall Gadong in the darkness

Police controlling the traffic flow in Qlap

Qlap in the darkness

Abby

brapa ne?

my first shot of the SOAS mosque

So, it was 4pm in the afternoon when i was about to go to BE to update Marriz-Scene. I was surprised to see that all shops were opening its doors widely and theres no lights coming out from their shops. Therefore, i went straight home with disappointment. Whats more disappointing is that, theres no electricity at home too. #$%^

At night, around 8 after my romantic dinner(we eat with candles as our light source) with my family. I went out to Gadong, Qlap and took few pictures of the blackout scene. While taking pictures at Qlap, i think it was around 9.45pm when the street lights suddenly appeared! And the Traffic Police were shouting with joy! After that, went to gadong night market, my first time taking pictures there. AND i met this beautiful young lady ABBY*Nabilah* (owh.. im not talking about my abby the camera!)

It's very sad to know the country's weakness. Seriously, the country should have a contingency plan for the blackout, maybe this is just a small thing. But hey, Business have to close down early on a saturday! and heck.. I just got my electricity back by 3pm today and I've just heard that the source was from the Tungku Power-station that caught on fire which automatically switched off the generators at the Gadong power station for safety reasons, so it affects from Jangsak area till jalan muara, what i heard too is that some flights that are supposed to land, have to be diverted because the RADAR isn't working. How AWSOME!

*Thank you Mirez for the advice on trail shots.

Let me bring you to my world of imagination.. Power-station is the most critically important source for all of us. It gives out power/ electrical energy to homes and commercial areas to keep our equipment running for example our computers, handphone, we use them as a source of communication (msn, email etc) and doing work (reserach, do reports etc). So, you guys know what will happen if there's no POWER STATION. *smile*

Hiero is now Marriz's proof reader...


0 comments: